Neighborhood Councils were created to advise the City on how City policy impacts local communities. Community Impact Statements, or CIS, are one of the most important ways in which a Neighborhood Council can advise City departments and officials on matters under consideration by the City’s decision makers. A CIS is an official statement or position that a Neighborhood Council adopts on a specific matter or issue.
CIS are often issued in response to time-sensitive issues. A Committee slated to present an issue at a Board meeting may consider drafting a CIS to bring with them, so it may be tailored by the Board then signed and submitted without delay. Learn more here.
Community Impact Statements filed by Northridge West Neighborhood Council:
- CIS Re: Council File CF 21-1414 Support of City Council Motion to establish rules applicable to all SB9 projects (12-17-21)
- CIS/Letter to BONC Social Media Policy Dated 7-1-2021 (10-18-21)
- CIS/Letter to LA County Public Health to oppose its restrictions on Youth Sports (9-15-21)
- CIS requesting a council file be created Re: LA County DA George Gascon (8-10-21)
- CIS Re: DONE’s Proposed Code of Conduct Amendment and Draft Workplace Equity Policy (8-10-21)
- CIS Re: Council File CF-21-0878 COVID- 19 / Vaccination Requirement / Eligible Individuals / Indoor Spaces / Vax Up LA. (8-10-21)
- Resolution Re: BONC Social Media Policy (5-12-21)
- VANC-New-General-Manager-of-LA-Animal-Services-Background-and-Motion (4-8-21)