The Northridge West Neighborhood Council began 2021 with Neighborhood Council elections that brought several new Board Members to our existing Board – all who are eager to serve our community. We worked together to establish NWNC Board Priorities to guide our efforts to better serve you. I would like to share some of the ways that NWNC has worked to achieve these goals in 2021.
Priority #1 – Help our NWNC neighbors get answers and services.
- We responded directly to hundreds of email inquiries with knowledgeable responses.
- In 2021, we hosted 50+ public committee and General Board meetings to address issues happening in our community.
- We provided helpful links, tools, and community events announcements at northridgewest.org, email blasts and social media. View our Resources Page.
- We conducted outreach to local businesses and continue to work together on public safety.
Priority #2 – Communicate with City Leaders on behalf of NWNC neighbors.
- We hosted NWNC’s local, regional, and national leaders, including US Rep. Brad Sherman, CA Assemblywoman Suzette Valladares and Assemblyman Jessie Gabriel, CD 12 Councilman John Lee, LAUSD’s Scott Schmerelson, LAPD Officers and other City Officials.
- We submitted numerous Community Impact Statements to give a voice Northridge West on LA City Council Files, ordinances, and guidelines on matters such as LA City COVID vaccine requirements, zoning guidelines, youth sports rules, defending free speech, and land use projects within NWNC.
- We attended community events and spoke to LA City about the needs of Northridge West
Priority #3 – Actively support groups who are helping our neighborhood.
- YMCA Thanksgiving Baskets Neighborhood Purpose Grant (NPG)
- Granada Hills Holiday Parade NPG
- Environmental Awareness Day support
- Volunteers Cleaning Communities support
- Granada Hills Charter High School Robotics Team/Robodox NPG
- Awarded several NWNC Certificates of Acknowledgement for local leaders making a positive impact in our community
Priority #4 – Accomplish Community Improvement Projects that make NWNC a healthier and happier place to live.
- Funded and advocated for local tree trimming, dead tree removal, traffic lights, and street maintenance. View Here.
- Supported and volunteered at street, freeway, and local park clean up events.
- Maintenance and graffiti abatement for installed Public Art Utility Boxes in NWNC
- Responded to public safety requests from homeowners and the local business community
There is so much more that we are working to accomplish. You can get more information about NWNC services at our website www.northridgewest.org and you are welcome to email our Board members for your requests and ideas at . We look forward to serving our neighbors in 2022.
May the New Year bring blessings to our wonderful neighborhood. With appreciation from your neighbors on the Northridge West Neighborhood Council.
President Northridge West Neighborhood Council